St Chad's school dinners are all cooked fresh, on site, by the school's catering team. We provide healthy and tasty meals for everyone. If your child has a dietary need, please contact the school office.
School dinners cost £2.35 per day (£11.75 per week) and are payable by using ParentPay.
ParentPay is a secure online payment system. The school office will provide the details you need to set up an account. We ask that school dinners are paid at the beginning of each week.
School Meals for Reception to Year 2 children are free. This is part of the Government initiative to provide all school children with a healthy meal.
ParentPay is a secure online payment system. The school office will provide the details you need to set up an account. Please be aware that we are a no debt school, therefore, we ask that school dinners are paid at the beginning of each week. If your account is not in credit your child may be refused a hot meal and will be offered a sandwich/salad as an alternative until your ParentPay account has sufficient funds.
Free School Meal Application
Children whose parents receive the following may be entitled to free school meals:
- income support
- Universal Credit if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household earned income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- income-based jobseeker's allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- child tax credit, and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs. (If you receive working tax credit as well as child tax credit you will not be entitled to free school meals).
- the guarantee element of state pension credit
Please find more details below - an application form is available from the school office:
Please click below to view the menus for school meals this term.
Week 1 (w/c 2nd and 23rd January, 20th February and 13th March)
Week 2 (w/c 9th and 30th January, 27th February and 20th March)
Week 3 (w/c 16th January, 6th February, 6th and 27th March)